Sunday, December 19, 2010

I love Spur(geon)-of-the-Moment changes (;

Okay, I realize the title is pretty lame. But I thought it was a funny play on words there (;

Well today was our Knight Christmas at my church...totally not NEAR the turn up as was expected. Like...one tenth of our family actually showed. But oh well. Guess it was their loss. It was crazy though cause church started at 11 est...and Uncle Larry is up preaching hardcore and at 12 a HUGE group of these kids walk in. We're just like whatttt is going onnn? lol Come to find out Cole had brought the entire house from Thirteenth Place and his caretakers to church. It was really sweet. Especially hearing them "amen" and clap from the back of the church agreeing with what Uncle Larry was saying. And also laughing at his silly jokes and stuff. haha. I don't know, it just really touched me and a lot of them seemed like it really touched them. I'm super glad they came. (:

Well after church when we came downstairs to eat, I was talking to Melisha and she was telling me how she really wanted someone to talk to at the Spurgeon Christmas. I was naming people and asking her why she didn't just hang out with them today and she said she didn't know...she just wanted a girl. Next thing  know, she leaves, talks to her parents and comes back all excited saying "Hey! Would you wanna go to the Spurgeon Christmas with me!?" Of course I said yes...who can pass the chance at a party? (; So I head out after dinner to Sis. Santena and Bro. Alfred's house. I was really kinda nervous about it...thinking oh goodness. Are these people gonna think I'm nuts for coming to a random family's Christmas party?! I was so scared that I'd only know a few people.

Turns out, I know a lot more Spurgeons than I thought. haha. And the ones I didn't know, were super friendly and welcoming. We ended up playing Phase 10 with Erik, Britney, Josh and Tasha and then Rummy with Tasha. We had a really good time..and I totally dominated Rummy. (; We played Slaps (and this time Erik dominated...) and Melisha threw a whole glass of coke in Erica's face. It was actually a VERY hilarious moment. lol Seeing Melisha try to slap a double and Erica ending up with coke all over her...great stuff. haha

Then we went down and listened to Shaun, Garreth and Josh play some songs while Erik, Kyle, Danielle and Kristin sang. They're such good singers. And so funny! We had a good time again...and I dominated in Speed that time (; ahaha. At the end of the night I ate the best fried rice I've probably ever eaten (besides Nannyko's!)...courtesy of Mr. Garreth Aragaki! Best stuff...and with weird stuff. lol (Corn and ham) but you'd be surprised how good it really was (: I thought it was really sweet when some of the family came to me and told me to come back anytime...I think they liked me! haha. One of the most random, hilarious, coolest nights ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment