Saturday, December 18, 2010

Graduations and Baby Christmases (:

Well this morning started bright and early...7:30 God's time (est) for me. We woke up to get ready and head on to Athen's State University for B-Lo's college graduation! Problem: Blake woke up and couldn't find his contact...that was in his eye. So for a few minutes I didn't think I was gonna get to go! I was sooo upset! But thankfully Curtis decided to go anyways and I got to ride with him! We actually had a fun 2 hour trip. Finally got to the teeny building that the graduation was gonna be in after walking about 5 minutes. lol Praise the Lord the graduation itself only lasted an hour...which I totally didn't expect. lol I was thinking 2 or 3 hours of total boredom. But Jesus is good. haha. Afterwards, we went to O'Charley's and ate..it was so much fun. I laughed so hard yet again (not surprising but I still love it). I gave "Miss Bittany" her present (a flashing Alabama helmet ornament) to hang on her tree right in the front to outshine all the ugly Florida Gator ornaments. (; She seemed like she really liked it...and seeing my pals happy, makes me happy. (:

After that I had to come on home instead of staying out there at their house and going to church...the ride back took SOOO much longer than the ride down there. Once I finally got home, I laid down to take a nap, thinking someone would wake me up for church. But no. When I finally wake up, it's 7:20...and we're obviously not going to church. I was super tired but I haven't got to be at church in over a week...so I'm kinda having withdrawals..(hopefully we'll be going tomorrow so it shouldn't be too bad.)

I'm awoken by Blake, telling me mom and dad are home from Christmas shopping. So we go to unload the car of gifts and groceries...and TACO BELL. lol I was so excited. I loveee Taco Bell. Then mom calls my Aunt Stephanie to see if we can pick up babygirl (her old foster child, Madyson) to let her open the couple presents we got her. She told us she had plenty of toys and we weren't supposed to get her more. So we instead got her what she needed (socks, I know, simple) and a super cute Alabama jump suit (:

She loves to close her eyes on you right before you take a picture...but it looks like she's winking here (: The funniest part was finding out that her dad is a huge Auburn fan. Stephanie's sending her home tomorrow in this outfit (; Love it...ROLL TIDE (: We're starting her out well. haha. Right before she passed out from being totally wore out (they had Christmas with her family today...) Stephanie came to get her and look at all the cute pics of her trying to open presents. Oh, she turns one December 22nd (:


I can't even begin to express how much I love this little girl. She's my little Mady Lou Who (because she reminds me of a Who from Whoville...in a cute way (:) She's almost became like my own daughter. We were heart broken when she had to go home but SO glad that her parents are so flexible in letting us keep her on weekends. I thank the Lord for that truely. Because not having her around would be SO much harder if we didn't have these little weekends to look forward to!

I'm so thankful that Mady has TWO families she can go to...her foster family and her real family. And I'm so glad that the Lord seen fit to place her in ours.

Countdown to Christmas-ALMOST 6 DAYS! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment