Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Church, Thanksgiving & Nashville

So Wednesday night we got into the church for the very first time & it was absolutely GORGEOUS! I am so proud of how it has turned out & if you want to see it, you should definitely be at Brown's Chapel this coming Sunday to have revival/rededication with us! It should be amazing! (:

Thursday, of course, was Thanksgiving. We met up with a LOT of our family at "The Party Place" (yes, the same one we were having services in when our church first flooded) & we almost filled it up...& that was with a good over half of them not being there! We had an absolute blast there eating & fellowshipping with family members we haven't and hardly EVER get to see! It was wonderful (: They even started a family tree to see how big it was...they had a HUGE roll & Billman was working on it so I don't even know how far they got. I thought it was pretty cool though. (: And after that, we all looked over the Black Friday papers (even though I had NO intent to go!) & talked about our March Family Reunion Trip to the Smokies! We're going again this year so I'm SUPER psyched about it! It was so much fun when we went before so I can't wait! (: That night, after we got home & I got the Christmas ornaments done & the tree put up, Blake decided he wanted to go to Wal-Mart to pick up none other than a memory foam bed topper. Seriously? So of course I went with him so he wouldn't be alone (I KNOW. Best sister EVER, right?) . We waited in line for about TWO hours for these crazy things & all I have to say is I hope he has really good night's rest now. lol But we did meet a cool guy named Doug who was apparently a preacher or something & EVERYONE knew him. He was sweet & talking to him made the 2 hours go by much quicker. After people started grabbing stuff that wasn't supposed to be open until 11 (our time) at like 10:45...we just grabbed ours too. We weren't about to walk out without them knowing we've been standing there over them that whole time! We grabbed Danay a couple things while she was somewhere else attacking people for stuff & ran to the register. We were home by 11:20. And THAT is how you go Black Friday shopping. (:

Later on Friday morning Mom & Dad woke us up (but I'm the only one who actually GOT up) to go eat breakfast & see the devastation that was Wal-Mart. It actually wasn't that bad though. After spending a few hours going around South Pittsburgh we headed home & I pretty much turned right around & went to Chattanooga with Blake & Grandmother. Pointless. I thought I was gonna get to go shopping for my friends' Christmas but apparently not so once again, I left empty handed (but don't worry, I got some great ideas for their presents...mwahaha) yet again!

Saturday we got up & went allllll the way to Nashville to eat at the Cheesecake Factory for Alyshia's 21st birthday! It was a lot of fun & the food was amazing of course! I love that place. I had my very first slice of cheesecake from there (Tiramasu...yumm) & I got to see Ms. Misti! It was a great day (: After dinner we headed home because we had to be back for church that night. Church didn't last too long & afterwards we went to eat at Lalito's with Layton, Whitney, Seth & Nika (she's from Holland! lol) after MANY laughs & wayyy overstaying our welcome, we went to Bi-Lo & finally came home.

Sunday morning we got up & contemplated going to Bryant for church. We just decided to go on to Brown's Chapel (it was our first whole week there in over 7 months! We're always visiting!) Church was REALLY good Sunday morning (Aunt Denise, Erika & Brian came & they all did so good!) & afterwards Me, Mom, Dad, Blake, Uncle Larry & Aunt Connie all went to Red Lobster to eat! (We ALMOST went to Genghis but Red Lobster won out..I was happy either way!) The food was AMAZING & we had a great time chilling with them! On the way home the traffic was horrible! We left earlier than the parents (they had some running around to do) & we were 15 minutes late! So when they finally got there, church hadn't been going on long & soon after they got there, Uncle Larry just dismissed. I guess he was tired. lol Church lasted a whopping 45 minutes but we talked about church related stuff & revival for about 30 more minutes. When we got out, we (of course) went to eat at Hardee's! lol We met up with the Trenton kiddos & soon Tyler, Whitney & Cody joined us! It was still POURING rain & I was just ready to get home so we went on home!

Monday morning I was awaken by a phone call. Who could it be? It was Sweet Peas! The daycare I put in to sub at, at the beginning of the month! I was tired but I told her I could be there (shower & all) in 45 minutes. I got down there & it was CRAZY. They had hardly ANY teachers & one was leaving half a day. They threw me in the room with the oldest & most rambunctious group (9, 3 & 4 year olds!) & they said I did excellent so that's good. lol After nap time I was transferred to the toddler room (1, 19 month old & 4, 2 year olds!) & I fell in love with a little boy named Boone...he was so cute & I'm pretty sure I wanna name my future child Boone now. lol I love it! He was so sweet & he made my crazy day end up being so much better. After the kids were gone I had to lysol all the toys & sweep, vacuum & mop the whole GIANT room. My back was definitely killing me by the end of that. lol  She tried to text me this morning I'm guessing to call me in again but I was already babysitting so I couldn't. I'm hoping I'll get more calls to help...fingers crossed & praying! (:

Today was a very chill day with Ally. It snowed a little so that was quite exciting. We pretty much just watched movies all day...it was a good day (: Since I've been home I've helped with supper, finished a class (completely! YES!) And am now feeling not quite so stressed about the rest of this month. I'm ready to face December with arms wide open! hahaha (:

Happy rest of the week guys! Love you all! And happy soon-to-be-December to you guys! (:

2 comments:

  1. I know you don't know me, but I go to church at Flat Rock. I start my first day at Sweet Peas this Friday. Maybe we will get to work together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw that's awesome!!! Maybe we can!!! (:

    ReplyDelete