Monday, November 14, 2011

What a day...

Well, about 8:30 this morning my Mom woke me up saying Dad's chest was hurting while he was at work (it's been hurting him off & on the past few days)...it wasn't as bad as he had been hurting Saturday night but it was still feeling very tight. So after much convincing, we got him to go to the ER around 11. We got to Memorial around 12 & just got home a few minutes ago! We were there over 7 hours! Crazy! They actually got him back pretty fast, but me & Blake stayed out in the waiting room while they were back in the back room & it was so boring. lol Blake slept most of the time which left me to play Fruit Ninja & Tea Pong (not gonna call it what it really is..lol) on my phone. But believe it or not, even smart phones get old. Thankfully, I thought to bring my phone charger & a book...The Help...just in case I got super bored. So I ended up reading part of the time. By the time Blake woke up, I told him to stay awake so I could hopefully take a nap. About 20 minutes in, Mom text saying Dad was getting to go home (The nurse had said he'd probably have to stay the night!) I'm really thankful he didn't have to stay...I know how hard that is on people. Seems like it makes you feel worse. But they found out he didn't have a heart attack like we thought might have been happening (he had stints put in a few years ago) but he did have some fluid around his lungs. So they gave him some meds for that, & sent him on his way! Praise the Lord that it wasn't more serious than that..this family has been through WAY too many sicknesses & surgeries!

Anyhow, til next time! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment