Monday, June 6, 2011

My Fantastical Weekend (:

Well here we go. I'm kinda like Shelby, I keep waiting til Monday to post about my weekend and all that good junk...cause I usually have no life otherwise unless the mountain crew gets together.

So all week me and Brett planned for Friday night. And by Friday night, all we knew was we were going to TGI Friday's. lol So once Blake got home from work and got ready, we headed to Chattanooga to meet up with Mackenzie and James. We got in the restaurant after searching and searching (and being beat by a black car) for a parking spot (Luckily, THIS time Blake didn't decide to park at the other end of Chatt-town for us to have to walk down) and for ONCE (!) I actually knew where I was at and where TGI Friday's was when Brett and Blake weren't sure! I was so proud! I think it's that new driver's instinct kicking in... (; Anywho, we got in there and about DIED laughing at all kinds of crazy junk. Like the dude in hot pink shorts (gay? Who knows.) and the ginormous pair of drum sticks up on the wall (the one's I'm gonna beat the mess out of Andrew with...) We told stories and ate some AMAZING food! Funniest part: I started choking mid-eat and I'm pretty much coughing up a lung...so Mackenzie pats BLAKE on the back. lol He honestly thought Blake was choking and was gonna help a brother out obviously...as I sat over there (the true victim) about to die. *sigh* Just my luck. haha. We went down on the river front (which is always SOOO beautiful) and to the water steps where me and Brett (the guys were party poopers) got in the water and tried, failing, to take a jumping picture. I mean, come on, we didn't have much to work with as Mackenzie was our photographer. haha. After a while, we decided to start home and have our ritual Wal-Mart outing (that usually ends our night). We were sooo tired though so even THAT didn't last too long. I finally got home (thank goodness!) and totally crashed! They wore me out! And plus, I needed the sleep since everyone was meeting at MY HOUSE the following morning to go to Coolidge Park! (:

So around 12 or so, the Huntsville crew met up at the house. That would be: Hilary, Ben, Ross and JK (poor Bailey didn't get to come...and I miss her so!) and Britney was running a wee bit late so she met us at Coolidge later. We had to sit at my house (listening to music and playing Uno Attack) for what seemed like FOREVERRRR (about an hour and a half) while Blake helped Uncle Larry (the carpenter) put up our doors in our bedrooms (THANK GOODNESS WE'RE DONE REMODELING THE LIVING ROOM!!! [all we have are a few minor things...next: KITCHEN!]). Finally Blake got the okay to leave and we headed to Chatt-town AGAIN. We get to Coolidge, change, and it seemed like no one wanted to get in the water first. I didn't care to go in, I just didn't wanna go in alone. So finally me, Ben and Blake head out there and it felt AMAZING. A few minutes later, Blake picked up Hilary and pretty much threw her in. It was quite hilarious. PJ showed up and I was sooo excited! I love PJ and we had so much fun! Then Brett and Aly showed up, and later, Shelby. It was such a fun day. We all hung out trying to get a little sun, and once we got hungry, headed to Subway right up the hill...the food was fantastical (chicken and cheese on flatbread, for the win)! Me, PJ and Shelby eagerly headed back down to the fountains when we were done and eventually someone mentioned ice cream. So Hilary, JK, and Brett went to Clumpie's (also up the hill) and got us some. (: I've been before, but it was the first time I actually ate their ice cream and now I know why everyone loves it! Their chocolate chip cookie dough was awesome! By the time they brought the ice cream to us, me, Brit, Shelby and PJ were all laying out in the field trying to get yet more sun. (My goal for the summer [and Alexis's goal]: Have NOT WHITE legs! haha.) After a little bit, we realized that the Huntsville folks were about to have to head home. So we all got up, got to our cars and said our goodbyes, planning for a lot of us to meet up at Skyline the next morning! Me, Hil and Blake rode home together and I was sooo tired. So Blake ended up going to Trenton for church that night, and I chilled at home talking to mom and dad about future renovation plans (I'm telling you guys, it's gonna be a different house when it's finally finished)! It was a good, chill night...even if I did get called a stick in the mud... *ahem, Brett* lol

Sunday morning Blake decided to go to Griffin for church with Brett and Hilary. I really wanted to go to Skyline because I'd never been and I loveeee Bro. David Kittrell (who's running their revival) so I met Aly and Britney at Aly's house at 10:45 and around 11 we were at Shelby's house picking her up. We were running late by this time (per usual with this crowd (;) and figured we'd walk in at least 5 min. late. Somehow we hit a time warp and ended up getting to the church 3 minutes EARLY. Wowza. We walked in, and the foyer was PACKED. So me and little sinner Shelby stood back with Ross, Ben, Lindz and the other sinners until we couldn't take it anymore. We couldn't hear anything, we were pouring sweat and our feet (even though we had taken off our shoes) were KILLING US. So what do we do? Oh yeah, hang in the bathroom. lol So for about an hour (until altar call) we sat in there talking and playing with random babies that came in to be fed and such. When altar call started, we ventured back out to the church and found an empty bench for all of 5 minutes until we had to give it back. But later we found another so it was all good. (: Altar call lasted foreverrrr and when it was finally over, we were starving! (Exaggeration..I don't think I could starve if I wanted to.) We headed out to eat after a while and I actually got a seat in the shade with Abby, Kacy and Haley...my hottie little friend Jesse came over so me and Abby got to fight over him for a while...until he asked me what I was doing that night (I think that means I win Abby (; jk). After they left, I went into the church to find my ride, and we sat in there for a long time listening to Blake and Isaac crack Dumb and Dumber jokes. It was hilarious cause they were getting so tickled about it. I love them. (: We sat through almost the entire singing trying to figure out if we were gonna stay for the night service or not...after coin flipping, multiple "you decide...no you decide..." kind of arguments, and weighing the pros and cons, we decided to stay. (And I, for one, am SOOO glad we did! (;) Me and Shelby had to call our parents to let them know what the dealio was so we made the trek all the way to the car (on the other side of the stinkin slippery EARTH!) and drove down the road to stop in a church parking lot to get signal. A guy and I think his mom were walking and to make sure they didn't think we were creepers, we waved and drove down the road a ways...through a trailer park, a little community, alllll the way to Skyline school. We could NOT stop laughing when Shelby said "Buses only? Oh, I'm a rebel!" and drove right on through. Or when were coming out of the parking lot one way and the sign beside us clearly stated "One Way". It was that dumb kind of "I'm so tired!" laugh. We come back to the church (after passing the guy and his mother awkwardly...again....) and almost everyone had cleared out. The singing was over. Oops. So we jump on the tail gate of Ross's truck and they take us to our car (we traveled far to find them...not really...we were just too lazy to walk back). We went to Alyshia's sister, Ashley's house to chill until church an hour later. Aly put my hair up cause it was so stinkin hot and even though we were only like LITERALLY a minute away from the church, we somehow, yet again, ended up being late. And standing in the foyer, again. We also ended up going back into the bathroom to hang, again. It was ridiculous. Altar call lasted forever again but it was okay cause I was entertained (and annoyed) by Andrew on one side, and Blake Chance on the other. We ended up leaving a little early to go to Buena Vista with Isaac, Blake, Hilary Morrow, Caleb Long, Natalie Johnson and Andrew.   We almost went to Isaac's house to watch a movie but it was already 10 our time so we decided to just head home. We took Shelby home first and then Aly and Brit took me home...and we made a hilarious video rendition of "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga. lol GOODNESH, GOOLOSH, RAH RAH RAH  haha.

Anyways I had an amazing weekend and sooo much fun! I love all my friends. Also, I know I totally abused parentheses in this blog, don't hate me cause you ain't me. hahaha jk (:

5 comments:

  1. This made me happy. I missed you so much, April! So glad we got to hang again this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i seriously sat here like forever trying to remember what parentheses were hahah. you seriously do not know how weird it was without you this weekend. like, you and blake are a 2 for 1 deal here lol. i guess you get to be a stick in the mud for one weekend (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, Shelby! It was a good time. (:

    HAHAHA Brett, I don't know what was with me this weekend...I'm usually always with you! But, I plan to be with you Thursday so can I be off the hook then? (: lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. are you taking off work?!?! i reallyy need to txt you ab that lol. and make plans for friday!

    ReplyDelete