Monday, April 4, 2011

My Dental Adventure

So today I went to the dentist to get a tooth pulled. (I thought they were gonna do em all, but thank goodness they didn't. lol) Anywho, we left the house around 9:30 to get my pre-pull medicine (a form of Xanax...heccckkk yeah. lol) and was on our way. My appointment wasn't until 1:15 so I waited, and waited, and WAITED while Mom and Grandmother both had their appointments. I got to hold a random baby though so it was kinda cool. And I almost finished my Buffy the Vampire Slayer book Bailey got me until I spent about an hour entertaining 2 of 4 children this lady had. Anyways. I finally got taken back and had Xanax coursing through my system. I was totally freaking out last night and all day until I took that pill and just like the dentist said, I was to the point that I didn't care at allll. lol So I sat in the seat and she gave me some shot that she said had something to do with caffeine? (Epinephrine?) and my body was just shaking and jerking. Thankfully, that was a normal side effect. She numbed my gums around the tooth and then came the bad part, the Novocaine. The first time it hurt quite a bit...the second not so bad...by the 5th or so shot I ended up having to get, I couldn't feel a THING from my right cheek to the right side of my chin. But I DID feel it when she finally crunched, and pulled the stupid tooth out of my mouth. It wasn't too bad in pain but it was just that noise...that sounded like my jaw being cracked apart. Yuck. Now the numbness has gone away and the pain is beginning to kick in. Especially when I ate a little food. Owww. I'll be more careful next time. For your entertainment value, here are some videos of me being a tee total idiot through out the process. And I'd just like to say I have the BEST and most beautiful dentist and dental assistant in the entire world! 


Ms. Amelia! She's so beautiful and sweet...and looks like Molly Ringwald!!! (:


Sweet Miss Elaine (sp?) she's so awesome too! Even if she did try and make me think I bit her. lol




No comments:

Post a Comment