Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hilly G's birthday

So Friday night I get a text message saying "hey, do you think you could come out here Tuesday night and eat at Ichiban's for Hilary's birthday?" So I ask Blake (because he's my ride..) and he said he didn't know because of work and such. So my Tuesday night plans were quickly going downhill. Thinking I wouldn't get to go I didn't even ask my parents...I was just waiting to see what Blake decided to do. Well I talked to him Monday night and he very plainly said "NO. WE are not going." And I said "Oh really now? We? Well we'll see about that." So I talked to my Daddy. And surprisingly enough, he said "We'll see." (Which is Daddy talk for "Yeah pretty much.") So mom told me to just plan on going. I talked to Shelby about maybe hitching a ride with her and it ended up being perfect because she had no one riding with her and didn't really wanna go by herself! I went to work Tuesday and was counting down the hours until 4 when I could leave. Around 2:30 I curled my hair and by 3 I was almost completely ready. During the whole getting ready process I had a sweet little 3 year old saying "What's this? Ohh I like that. What's that? Oh I want that for Christmas! Pink ones! (referring to my hot sticks, btw. lol)"

FINALLY 4 o'clock rolled around and I got to leave. Blake took me to the bank to get my checks cashed and then on to Shelby's house. She still had baby Britton when I got there and the baby wanted me to talk in her Dora cell phone. About the time I had it to my ear, Shelby asked me a question. So not thinking, I left the phone to my ear as I answered her question. She got a kick out of how serious I was with a plastic Dora "cell phone" to my ear...mind you, I'm almost 20. lol Lacie came to get Britton and we headed out. We stopped in Scottsboro at Rue 21 and I bought Hilary an owl necklace (her favorite animal) and the guy at the register decided to take 10 minutes to put the thing in the bag! Shelby said she almost grabbed it from him and put it in  there herself. lol We then went to Wal-Mart where Shelby got pictures from the beach developed and bought a frame for Hilary's birthday present. I bought Hil a bunch of candy to go with the necklace. lol After finally finding cards and gift bags, we left Wal-Mart. On to Huntsville! We got to Brit & JK's house, meeting up with  them and Ross to all ride together. We hopped in Ross's ginormous truck and were almost late for our reservation at Ichiban. Luckily we got there minutes before Hilary did and actually DID surprise her. Bailey and Ben also came to celebrate with us. 

We had THE best cook EVER at Ichiban. His name was Kenny. lol Our white waiter? His name was Gillaume. lol But anyways, he was HILARIOUS and put on a fantastic show making a "Japanese birthday cake", a heart, lit his HANDS ON FIRE and then bowls and threw them in his hat! It was crazy! But amazing! I think he really liked our group cause we responded to him so he did more and more. I loved it. That Ichiban is 10,000 times better than the ones in Chattanooga! Anyways, we had a blast there! After we left, we went to the gas station so Ross could buy his "Sweet Dreams" cherry cigarettes. He was very happy that they had them. After him and Ben bought some, we went to Hilary's house to hang out a little bit before we headed home. We went to the game room and I watched Hil and Bail, and then Ben and Eric play "Zombies". It was the first time I've seen the crazy phenomenon sweeping the nation known as "Black Ops". lol It looked pretty cool although I would be totally awful at it. haha. So after a while, and after getting an amazing Alabama power band, we headed back to Brit and JK's said our goodbyes, and headed home. A pit stop at the gas station for a potty break and caffeine and around 12:30, we made it home. It was a great night with great friends! Happy birthday to Killary! (: 


2 comments:

  1. It was a great night, wasn't it? I love Tuesday night club! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was! (: I'm glad I got to participate this time!

    ReplyDelete