Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Valentine's Day, Banjos, & Trains!

Okay, so a week ago was Valentine's day. No, I had no "hot date"...I actually spent it at the Berryhill Funeral Home in Huntsville seeing Bro. Hoyt. But something did happen at that time that made me feel a wholeee lot better about my (lack of) love life. haha. We'll see how things go later! Maybe one of these days I'll have some good news for you guys!


Friday night we went to Chuck-E-Cheese with Jarad, Tonya & Whitney to celebrate Tonya's birthday! (That's where Whitney wanted to take her! lol) So we ended up having a blast with them out there for a few hours! Around 10 we headed home so we could be there when Bailey, Olivia, Brett, JK & Ben got there. The girls stayed with me over at Grandmother's house & the boys stayed at our house. When JK got there, HE HAD MY BANJO!!! Yes, I am now the proud owner of a Johnson Banjo (: I am so stinkin excited! It's a lot more difficult than I thought it would be but I know it'll be AWESOME when I finally learn how to play! Anywho, us girls ended up in bed around 2 a.m. when apparently Bailey & Brett got their second wind. They were being sooo retarded. And that is why they're 2 of my best friends. (:

Saturday around 8:30 me & Brett got up to get ready to go with JK, Brit, Aly, Ben & Blake since the Aquarium deal didn't work out for us. So we went to Cracker Barrell to eat & then to the train museum. We actually got to ride on a train which was pretty cool...not cool was that the old Santa looking man kept droning on & on about train facts that we DID NOT care about. And we had to act like we were listening since we accidentally sat RIGHT in front of him. lol But it was still fun to me. Afterwards we took pictures around all the trains & on them. Everyone but me, Aly & Ben actually climbed on top of the train...too scary for me. lol After that we went to Guitar Center to see if they could string & tune my banjo. The only way they could was to keep it til Tuesday...No way! So I took it on home. That night Ben went to church with us. Afterwards we had our Valentine's party! We were supposed to have it the Sunday night before but because of Bro. Hoyt passing away, we didn't have church. So we made up for it. Aunt Carolyn had decided she wanted to do something for all the young kids so with the help of Aunt Ellene, Aunt Mary & Aunt Tamara (or Sis. Piana as Ben likes to call her) they had hotdogs, chili, nachos & cheese, taco soup & brownies with hot fudge & ice cream! Not counting the TON of candy & other Valentine cuteness they gave us! It was so sweet!!! They had the basement decorated & everything. Us & all the little ones LOVED it! Afterwards we went to McDonald's to hang with the rest of the crew! At about 1 a.m. Andrew texted me asking if he could stay the night. His plans had fell through & he had nowhere to go! So of course we said yes & he stayed the night.

Sunday morning we got up & got ready to go to Ider. We didn't even begin to get ready until 10:05 but somehow me & Blake got our showers, got ready & made it to Ider 15 minutes before church started! lol It was amazing! After church we hung out for a while then we headed home & took naps. lol We went to church that night, had leftovers from the night before's big Valentine bash & met Ider peeps at Wendy's to hang out. lol We didn't eat again. We did get ice cream though! Does that count as eating? Oh well. Soon we were home & in our nice, warm beds!

Since then I guess life's been pretty boring. lol The past 3 days. I'm hoping & wishing & praying that Mom & Dad will let me go out to PG this weekend! Maybe even Saturday night & stay with Raeven for Sunday's meeting! I don't know yet though...help me pray! lol

Love, love!
April (:

No comments:

Post a Comment