Monday, October 17, 2011

Sweet Taylor (:

Today, God called another one of his beautiful children home! Sweet Taylor went to be with Jesus today & I'm so happy for her!

I'm not going to pretend that I knew Taylor very well. I didn't. But I very much wish that I did.

The first time I really met her was a couple of months ago at Scottsboro. For some reason, she kind of took to me. I kind of was teasing her, trying to get her to sit over with us & she somehow coaxed us into coming to sit with her. I dropped my pizza & told her how embarrassed I was...she assured me no one had seen... (but they had. lol) I laughed so hard that day in the kitchen. Mallory was saying how funny her laugh was so we just sat there trying to make her laugh so I could hear it...then of course I teased the mess out of her for it. And for her country accent. She was so sweet. After that, she IM'ed me on Jared's Facebook account & was asking me if I was coming to Skyline to see her, and I was going to Skyline's singing! She was so excited...she immediately started making plans for us to sit together. "When Jared goes up to play with Steadfast, we can sit together! YAY!" So I told her she better not ditch me & she best hang out with me! We went to the singing & I hardly saw her all night..but in the kitchen she wanted me to come sit with her again...I told her I would later. But I got distracted & never did. I wish I would have. Any time I saw her, she was SO sweet to me. She made me feel special, like I was sooo cool. haha.

It's so hard for me to believe that she's gone now...I can't imagine what her family & close friends are going through. I say "close friends" because even though I didn't know her very well, I've considered her a friend since we first met. Everything I've heard about her has been so wonderful. Such a beautiful, wonderful girl. Heaven sure has gained a precious angel today.. she has no more worries or cares... it really can't get much better than that ya know! She has it made!

Love you Taylor! I'll never forget you!!!

Taylor Katlin McLain
11.5.93 - 10.17.11


No comments:

Post a Comment