Sunday, October 16, 2011

Miracles do happen!

When I was 5 years old, I was always sick...I couldn't breathe good & the doctors kept diagnosing me with bronchitis. Finally, one doctor got his facts straight & realized that I had asthma. He sat my mom down & pretty much told her I was going to die. "One day you'll walk in her room, & she won't be breathing", he said. Well, of course that tore my mom up. I was her baby. She didn't want me to die. So she started to pray. Any time it came to mind. She wouldn't watch T.V., if she was washing dishes & the Lord told her to pray, she just did it. Vacuuming- ":pray"...she just did. One first Saturday night it was communion at Brown's Chapel. My brother was sick with the flu & mom told Dad to go on to church (he had just received the holyghost) & she would stay with Blake. After, a little persuading, Dad agreed to go on... "Take April with you," mom told him. She just had a feeling that I needed to be there. So he got me ready & took me on to church with him. I barely remember that night, so this is mostly what I've heard in testimonies. But they said that night I was laying in my Aunt's lap, asleep. You could hear me breathing through the entire church (or TRYING to breathe)...apparently I was having an attack. Once communion began, they woke me up & Bro. Lawrence gave me the communion juice. Dad said you could see as I drank it, that my breathing was changing. That night, the Lord healed me of asthma. And I really don't care if you believe it or not, because I do. And I did even then. I don't know that anyone told me what had happened, but that night, when we pulled up, Mom said she was standing right in the middle of the living room floor. She didn't know why, but she just was. She was waiting to hear what had happened. Mom said that I (as a 5 year old little girl) threw the door open & said proudly to mom "Mama, I'm healed!" I just knew! The LORD did that for me & I KNOW he did. I have NEVER had a problem with my breathing since!

I tell you all of this to prove to you that GOD DOES MIRACLES. There is currently no cure for asthma. So how did I go from having to have breathing treatments every little bit to being able to breath as a normal person would? THE LORD. That's how. For anyone who hasn't heard, Taylor McLain was in a terrible wreck last night & is in VERY bad shape. I don't know how much I should really say about it...but I just want to let everyone know that we need to pray for a miracle. I know the Lord can perform miracles cause he performed one for me! I don't want to get anyone's hopes up & I do realize that if she is supposed to go & be with our Lord, she will! I want whatever is best for her! But even with me not having the holyghost, I believe He can help her! I want so badly for Him to! So if you will pray with me & the many others that are praying for Miss Taylor McLain, it would be so greatly appreciated. Maybe if we all get our hearts towards this one thing, the Lord will heal her too!

We love you so much Taylor! And hope you get better very soon!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment