Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hilton Head/Savannah trip! (:

So Wednesday morning around 8:30 we headed to beautiful Hilton Head, SC! We got there around 5 (I think! lol) & went grocery shopping & such before we headed to the beach to check it out! It was so dark that you could hardly see (but the moon was awesome!) & we only stayed out there a few minutes since it was so chilly...but I was sooo excited to get there the next day!

(Here's some pics from the trip down there!)



Thursday morning we got up pretty early, ate a really awesome breakfast & went to the beach! It was absolutely stunning! I fell in love right then! (: The beach there is so awesome! It's loose sand at first, & then it's flat the rest of the way. Like, more flat than loose. It's so cool to not have sand blowing all over you all the time!!!




 I was excited about how my "A" turned out! lol
We got a little sun that day!

That night we cooked tacos & just hung out at the house playing Phase 10 & such! (Well the boys went shopping of course. lol)

Friday morning we woke up early again & went back to the beach! It was more overcast that day so me & Bailey decided to go walking once we realized our sand castle was probably gonna fail. lol We head out walking...and walking...and walking. Before we knew it, an hour HAD to have passed & there's no telling how many miles we had walked barefoot. It was so easy to walk down the beach, but once our feet began to hurt & we decided to turn around, we figured out that it was NOT as easy to walk back. The whole time the wind had been pushing us forward (making it so easy to walk) & on the way back, we were walking against it! We ended up being gone for over 2 hours, easy. And SO tired when we got back! We decided to go to the pool & try it out...well, it was FREEZING. lol They had it set in the shade & it was not warm at all...like, I went ahead & eased in...I stayed in about 3 minutes & I was shaking. But once I got out, it felt amazing! We layed out trying to get more sun but we didn't get too burnt.

That night we decided to go shopping with the boys at the Tanger Outlets & there were SO many good sales. I could have blew sooo much money but I stopped myself. I ended up getting a cute button up & tank for like $10 at Old Navy...& I was stoked! They had an amazing sale & that's definitely one of my favorite stores ever! When we got back from shopping a few hours, we went back to the house & made little personal pizzas (sooo good!) & back to the beach to look for sand dollars & stuff. Ben actually found one too! And he didn't realize til we were on our way home that it was illegal to pick up sand dollars that are still alive...oops. Once we got out there we were the ONLY ones on the beach...for a little while. Mom was with us & you could tell a storm was coming up, so we were trying to find what we could quickly...a few minutes in about 6 big guys came out on the beach talking to us. I only saw one up close (it was so dark) & he was pretty cute. Lol Then one struck up a convo with Mom. They said they had just gotten there & wanted to check out the beach (just like we did when we first got there)..they seemed harmless enough but soon it started to rain so we ran back to the car & headed back to the house. We ended up playing Phase 10 til like 1 a.m. & then me & Bailey went to our room to watch Friends & quickly fell asleep. 







 Blake jokingly picked up Bailey & accidentally dropped her on the stairs. This is her pouting face. lol





Saturday morning we got up with plans to go to the beach one last good time, & then Savannah that night. But once we set up our reservations for the Old Savannah Haunted Tour & Pirate's House dinner, Dad just decided he wanted to "make a day" of being in Savannah. We were gonna have Alicia meet us because she was on the beach (she was going with us to Savannah) but it ended up where we just met her & picked her up & headed towards Savannah! Well, my feet were still sooo sore from our beach & outlet walking, & I brought ZERO pairs of comfortable shoes (only flip flops & heels that I didn't need). But we decided to stop at the outlets & get some shoes for me...& Ben wanted to pick up some sunglasses at Nike. After FREAKING out cause I couldn't find any comfortable shoes that were a reasonable price, I finally found some Vans. I put them on & they were too long & not too comfortable but I was so tore up by then (I know, tore up over shoes? But I was so miserable!) I just said let's get em. Once I got to the register, they were only $10! Cha-ching! So I got them & some socks (that cost more than my flippin shoes! UGH!) And we headed out again. By THAT time we were all SUPER hungry so we stopped at Wendy's in the middle of nowhere between Hilton Head & Savannah & got some grub! After chilling at Wendy's for a while we finally headed AGAIN to Savannah...& made it this time (: 

We took a tour of Old (Haunted) Savannah & it was SO awesome! When I was looking through my pictures later, I saw a TON of orbs, random lights & even some faces! SUPER creepy! After that, we went to The Pirate House to eat & check out their haunted rum cellar...I felt things in there that I have NEVER felt. They told all the girls to get in this one corner so me, Alicia & Bailey did...immediately the hairs on the back of my neck stood up, it felt like someone was touching my leg, playing with my hair, whispering in my ear, & I kept seeing smoke out of the corner of my eye (that I found out later, Alicia had seen too!) It was sooo strange! (Here's some pics from that!)

Super weird looking bridge going into Savannah!



 Weird little door in Savannah...what's the point?!
 Back of the trolley!
 I seriously have no clue where that light came from!
 Check out the right corner, there's a face! (or faces!)
 This place ROCKED!
 Walking into the rum cellar.
 Ben wasn't in that corner the whole time, but that was the corner that I felt all the weird stuff happen!
 Check out the orb on Blake's pants leg. An older couple got a pic of him there & you can see something standing behind him! (They're emailing the pics to us later!) Amazing!
He was the coolest pirate EVER! And actually very cute in person! hahaha I know, I'm crazy. But apparently, he smelled very good too. (I don't go around sniffing people, but Alicia & Bailey do! lol jkjk)

That night, Bailey & my nerves were tore up pretty big time, so we didn't end up going to sleep until 4 a.m. even though we were leaving the next morning!

We got up Sunday morning & headed out of town. It was a little rainy so our plans to go to the beach & take sunrise pictures got spoiled sadly. We went to the souvenir shop & picked some stuff up, then got in the car to go eat "breakfast". And hour & a half later we stopped at Zaxby's for our so-called breakfast. But it was gooood (as always!). Then we headed home. We were pooped so we slept a lot of the way...but about the last hour or so we got super hyped & woke up. We got home around 5:45 & hung out at the house until Seth text us to go eat with him. Whitney & Brett went too & we ended up playing bubble gum, bubble gum & double, double..old school stuff man! It was really fun! (: We headed home & I went to sleep around midnight. I slept SO good! Gotta love some good sleep in your own bed (:






The trip was SO amazing & I'm so glad Ben & Bailey went with us! It made it that much more special to get to experience everything with them (: Now, I'm pooped after Zumba & flirting with the ADT guy so I'm probably gonna head to bed. Night ya'll! (:


Update: Pretty cool, but I was contacted by a Hilton Head site to put this blog on their site! So that's where this: 
came from (:

No comments:

Post a Comment