Sunday, February 28, 2010

My best friend

This is my bestest friend in the entire world, Alexis. :]
Okay so now I have shown you my bestest friend. I love her sooo much! She is an adorable little Sophomore this year and she's doing so good! I'm so proud of her. She may as well be my little sister really. We don't get to hang out as much as we used to but, you know, that's life.
I have no voice. Yes, I'm sure my whole family is praising the Lord and sending up numerous Hallelujahs right now but you know what? It really stinks not being able to speak. Well, I can talk a little bit but it's a low whisper. It's so hard for me not to be able to talk much! UGH! Very frustrating. And I don't even know how it happened. I was fine Friday night but I was a little hoarse from laughing and yelling on the way home from the middle of knowhere, AKA Pulaski, Tennessee. You have to entertain yourself somehow for those 3 hours. But then I woke up Saturday morning and I could hardly talk! We had my brother's party yesterday and I sounded crazy! lol It's sucks but it's also pretty funny. Cause anyone who really knows me knows that I loveeee to talk! haha. Kind of ironic.
But today is pretty somber too. So I guess it's good that I can't talk a lot. Yesterday the spiritual mother of our church, Sis. Maude Brown, passed away. She was 95 years old. She always said she was going for 100 but I reckon the Lord saw fit to go ahead and take her. We love her very much and she will be greatly missed! Just this past Wednesday my mother, myself and some friends of ours went to see her in the assisted living home that she was in. She could hardly speak but she wanted us to sing. Just about every song we would sing she would whisper very slowly in between many gasps of air how beautiful it was. I am so proud that I got to do that for her and that I was fortunate enough to be able to hug her and tell her that I loved her. And to hear her say that she loved us too was just a blessing. At around 5 o'clock we will be going to the wake...
So everyone I believe needs to let the important people in their life know that they love him...because we don't know how long we have. We could live to be 95...or we could die tomorrow. I would just like to tell everyone that I love them and that I wish the best for you and all your endeavors. I hope you get everything you want out of life.
-April

No comments:

Post a Comment