Monday, May 23, 2011

SURPRISE!

I GOT MY LICENSE!!!

I know, I know, 4 years in the making, I know it's about time, yes, I'm 20 years old...blah blah blah!

But I FINALLY got it! I'm so happy! It was one of the ONLY things in my life that I stressed over (for FOUR YEARS!!!) and it's now over! I feel like a new person! haha.

I know the big question is "Why did you JUST NOW get your license?"Well, let me explain...

A few years ago, (I think around 7?) I met this guy at church when they came to visit. His name was Seth. Honestly, I thought he was like THE cutest guy on Earth and I definitely had a little crush on him (come on, I was only fixing to be 13!) Well, not long after I met him, he passed away in a car accident. Even though I didn't even know him, it tore me up. Especially when I was told he had went into a diabetic coma...I had just found out that I also had diabetes. It terrified me. I didn't want to drive EVER because I was afraid the same thing would happen to me. So when I turned 15, I didn't even get my permit. I didn't want it. When I turned 16, April 10th, I was in Driver's Ed and I found out I HAD to get my permit to pass the course. So, April 16th, I took the written test and passed it the first time. (Yay me!) But I STILL hated driving. I drove ONE time in driver's ed and that was plenty enough for me...I was a nervous wreck! (But I didn't have a wreck, thank goodness!) Anyways, a couple years rocked on and I still didn't want my license...I had a brother 2 years older than me and wherever I went, he usually went! And by then, I had this little fear called atychiphobia--- the fear of failure. So I graduated high school with STILL no license. College rolled around. I had multiple friends with the same. exact. schedule as me. So I had mom take me to Aly's house every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning that I had class, and we went to school together. Thus, once again, delaying my inevitable trip to the DMV. So, FINALLY, on April 15th, 2011, I got the nerve to go and take the test... also because I had one day until my FLIPPIN PERMIT EXPIRED!!! I went to the DMV, waited forever, took the test andddd failed. Yep, the bitter taste of failure. It stunk. I cried. A lot. I was angry.  I wondered why "my dumb brother could get his license the first time and I failed". True story. So I went to Florida the next day, then the Smokies the next weekend, and then the storms hit...it was pretty awful... and it rained a LOT in between. So I finally went back today to try for my license again. I was still pretty nervous but I was to the point where I was like ehh the worst is over. That expectancy for getting your license the first time, was gone and I just honestly didn't care anymore. I took the test, making sure to go ridiculously overboard doing the things I had messed up on last time, and I passed. She didn't tell me what I made and she didn't tell me I did anything wrong so I'm guessing that I made a 100? I don't know and I, once again, don't care...I PASSED!!! So now I have my license and I don't have to answer the embarrassing questions: "how many times did you take the test?" or "did you drive?" or my favorite "so when are you gonna get your license..how old are you again?"

So obviously by reading this ridiculously long, and quite dumb, blog about me getting my flippin license, you can probably tell that I'm soooo happy! Excited! Relieved! YAY! (:

So...how was your Monday? (:

4 comments:

  1. i'm sooo proud of you!! ahh! i seriously wanted to like, throw you a party tonight lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very proud of you and I am sure you don't care that I am proud of you but I'm just sayin' it anyway....you should be very proud of yourself

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bailey: Yeah..
    Brett: haha I wanna HAVE A PARTY!!! Go to Bailey's grad tonight and we'll party like it's 1975!!!
    Lacey: Awww thank you! No that really means a lot to me! (: (: (:

    ReplyDelete