Monday, May 16, 2011

One REALLLLYYYY long blog.

So I haven't blogged since May 1st... 15 days! Wow. And that wasn't really a blog...just a picture and statement...but it still rings true. I still miss and love you Chelsie! I can't imagine how life will be now that you're gone. ): But we're trying to go on...

Well Wednesday night (a week after the terrible storms) they went in to check on the church, and found it flooded. Like...REALLY flooded. Water was standing all the way to the altar...at least a couple inches. More in some places. All the benches were wet and even the walls. They tracked it to a pipe busting in the women's bathroom. ONE pipe flooded our church. So now, we pretty much have no church. Since the water leaked through the floors into the basement (they said it sounded like it was raining in there...) we can't have church in the basement. We obviously can't have it in the top of the church since they've completely stripped the bathroom and church tile and carpet. So where do we go? That's right...The Party Place. So from now til we get everything fixed (there's no telling when...)  we'll be there. And no, we're not having revival. It was scheduled to be 2nd week in June but they've said this was gonna be a long and drawn out thing. Yay. I can't wait to get back into our church!  

Friday night we all went to Britney and JK's house to eat and hang out. That was pretty fun. We had Italian food! Homemade Stromboli, "Olive Garden" salad, breadsticks and then after wards, cookies and ice cream. Yum. Afterwards we just sat around and talked...listened to them play the guitars and sing...it was just a really chill night. Then the girls headed to Hilary's house to spend the night. We were pretty wired and about passed out from laughter when Bailey got there and decided to show us the many versatile ways to wear her parachute pajama pants. We decided to watch a movie in the movie room and try to get some sleep...I passed out about 10 minutes in. It wasn't that great of a movie. lol The next morning, Britney's alarm on her cell phone woke me up...twice. So I got up, did some things, and then went back to my comfy recliner and fell asleep. I had turned the sound down on my phone so I didn't hear when I got 8 phone calls from Blake. Shelby's one call actually woke me up...we found out then that everyone was going to be there in 30 minutes to begin our Saturday. So we all jumped up, threw on clothes and tried to fix our hair as best possible. We got up and found out they were going to a drive through zoo. Yep. Me and Blake aren't really into that stuff and the best friend Brett needed to go to the mall anyways so we decided to go with her. Bailey wanted to go with us because 1.) Blake is her Holiness lover. 2.) She loves me. 3.) We don't get to hang out with them much anymore. So we spent the day at random shops and the mall...we were supposed to meet up and eat with them but they ended up eating without us. So we went back to Hilary's house and chilled with Eric for a while til they got back. We ended up chilling with Ross, Ben, Hil and Brett that night (going BACK to the mall) and FINALLY got some food around 10:30 at Chili's. We had to leave immediately to get home because the next day was MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Mother's Day was pretty fun. We got up and cooked breakfast and ate at home...we meant to go get some food pretty early but we kept procrastinating while looking up harmonicas (for Blake) and banjos (for me) to get. FINALLY we got up and went on our way. Traffic was pretty terrible with every small town person going to the "big city" to get some food. We went to Guitar Center and Blake bought SEVEN harmonicas (for different notes). I looked for a banjo but never saw one. But I'm saving up for a beginner banjo and books for $150! YAY ME! Anyways, then we went on the hunt for a restaurant WITHOUT a 2 hour wait. It was almost impossible. But we went into Texas Roadhouse and I got to see one of my best friends from high school, Casey! I hadn't seen him in 2 years so when he walked up to me, I just covered my mouth and almost cried. I was sooo happy. lol But I only got to talk to him for like literally one minute cause my family was already leaving after finding out about their 1 1/2 hour wait. So I sadly said goodbye...but it honestly made my day! Finally we settled on O'Charley's which only had a 30 minute wait and it was VERY good! I was happy with the final choice. (: On the way home, my mom flipped when she saw the Krispy Kreme sign glowing for hot doughnuts. She just HAD to stop in and buy some...2 DOZEN. lol But of course we didn't complain...who doesn't like doughnuts?! We came home and just chilled the rest of the night...getting ready to begin the next week.

Monday rolled around and Brett had been talking about us hanging out at her house for the past couple days. But when it came down to it, her parents didn't stay at home. So we thought we weren't gonna get to have out little get together. But have no fear! April is here! I called my dad and asked him if we might could have a few people over to hang out. I assured him we wouldn't be in the way and they wouldn't stay too late (for work purposes) and he was still reluctant. He said "why don't we have it another day?" I kinda did a little pout thing (accidentally, of course) saying that it was gonna be SUCH a busy month that this was about the only time we could do it! But we hung up, and I was bummed. Literally like 2 min. later he calls and says "Who all is coming?" that's pretty much clear indication for me that this thing's gonna happen! He says he'll think about it so I get off the phone and start cleaning like crazy! I text the people I was gonna invite and told them the plan...times...and that they just HAVE to come! So around 6:30, Erik showed up. He had to leave at 7:15 so we went ahead and began to eat 1 of the FOUR homemade pizzas my mom made (I helped, but I was busy cleaning to do much). Shaun showed up a few minutes later and joined us, and then pretty much right as Brett pulled up, Erik was leaving. But he assured us he would be back. So in the time between 7:15 and 9, I shot a gun (it HURT!), We played a game of Sorry! in which Shaun dominated, and started a teeny tiny bonfire outside. Boy Scout Blake actually did it. And Blake and Brett picked up sticks to keep it going while me and Shaun relaxed. lol Finally Blake brought out an entire TREE from the woods and started breaking it down...THAT kept the fire going for a while for sure. I text Erik and asked if he could pick up some marshmallows on the way to the house and being the nice little Asian he is, he done that for us! (Brett was the only one who actually did it.) Well once Brett got through with her marshmallows we decided to go in and play another game of Sorry! and eat some ice cream! We looked like we had stocked up on ice cream for the Apocalypse. A little later, Brett had to leave...it was going on 11 I believe. Erik and Shaun stayed a little longer then they also had to leave. Bummer. It was a GREAT night. I had an absolute blast!

We went through the rest of the week, virtually with nothing going on. Friday me and Blake went to Chattanooga to get the rest of our outfits for Devan's wedding and Blake had Ethan's bachelor party to go to that night. I didn't think I had anything to do so I got really bored, really fast. I decided that I wanted to go to a singing so I text Shaun about theirs. He said I could ride with them so I started getting ready. My hair did the best that it has EVER done...and he text me to tell me that they had to cancel. I was pretty bummed...back to square one of a very boring night. Then Brett called me to ask me if I'd like to come help with some of the stuff for the wedding and just hang out. Of COURSE I said yes. So Brett came and got me and we went over to the shop to get the stuff. We took them to the tent and then took all of Devan's clothes over to Ethan's house (because he was staying the night in a cabin at Guntersville) and we stayed their foreverrr. Finally we went to Devan's house and ate some pizza and chilled. It was a pretty fun night too! But I didn't really wanna stay the night so I went on home to get some sleep.

Saturday morning we woke up and began to get some stuff ready for the wedding. I started trying to fix my hair at one because I was a server and had to be there at 3...my hair didn't end up being near as nice as the night before though. ): Oh well. We got to the wedding and it looked like it was gonna rain but it held off for a long time! Then, about 20 min. before the wedding was about to start, it started pouring rain! We were all nervous cause everything was done...guests were already there! But thankfully, it stopped, the sun came out and we continued on! I've always heard it was good luck if it rained on your wedding day so here's to a great married life Ethan and Devan! (: After everything was over and the reception was done (I served my tail off), we decided to go to Chattanooga. Blake was going to Mackenzie's for his birthday, so I went with Zachary, Sarah and Bre. We ended up meeting Erik, Brett, Isaac and Luke at Buenavista in Scottsboro though. It was reallllyyy good and a LOT of fun! We got some cute pics out of it too! (; We've already planned to hang out with "The Gunner's Mountain boys" again in the next couple of weeks! Should be a blast! (: (I'm sure I'll blog on that too!)

Sunday morning we got up and went to Ider with Brett and her family. It was their first regular without Chelsie, Sis. Linda, Bro. Buddy or Sis. Martha. It was a pretty solemn service...with a lot of references to the storms. It didn't last long because a lot of people weren't there because of decorations or had to leave early for them. Afterwards, me, Blake, Brett, Macy, Ashley, Jesse, Kacy and Cheyenne went to McDonald's and ate and hung out...that was a blast too...I love those guys! (: We went home, took about an hour nap and headed over to the Party Place for mine and Blake's first church service for BC in like 3 weeks! It was pretty fun but quite strange to be having church there. I should take a pic of what our services look like. lol Church lasted about an hour and a half and we headed to eat in Trenton. Rafaels! Woo! (I kinda wanted Taco Bell, especially after Sarah came in with it but that was okay). We met up with Brett, James, Preston and their friend...then they left and me, Blake, & Brett waited for Kenzie and the Griffinites to get out of church. So we hung with them too. (: It was a lot of fun but we were sooo pooped. lol I was so ready to be home and get to sleep! So I came home, watched P.S. I love you and went to bed. Yeah me!

Now I can't WAIT til what Blake has deemed "Thuper Thursday"! It's gonna be so much fun! And Bailey and Hilary are supposed to come see us too so it'll be an extra special night!!! (: YAY!

I thank the Lord for my friends every day! They are so good to me and we have such a good time! I love them so much!!! (:

6 comments:

  1. pretty cool blog hun. Sorry to hear about the flood in your church, but it'll get cleaned up and you'll back in there in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thanks a ton! I really appreciate the encouragement! And thanks for following! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. it made me laugh to read "thuper thurs" hahah. i told blake he was Not allowed to name our thurs night hangout lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. bahahaha well he did it anyways! Last night I was like man I can't wait til Thursday! And he was like oh yes! Thuper Thursday! hahaha I about died!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. I love how you called Blake my holiness lover lol.. as if i have a worldly lover too.
    2. When reading this, i could just see and hear your mom freaking out about the hot now donuts. i really felt like i was THERE. haha
    3. It made me smile when i read about "Erik , being the nice little asian he is..."
    4. IM SO PUMPED ABOUT THUPER THURSDAY!!
    5. Blake did a great job of naming it.
    6. im jealous of how much yall all hang out, and i really wish that i lived up there with yall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahaha I love you so much Bailey! You just made my day with that comment! (:
    I sooo wish you lived up here too! We have a lot of fun and you get to be a part of it this week! YES!!! (: (: (:

    ReplyDelete