Thursday, January 12, 2012

Is anyone even out there?

Okay, I realize it has been FOR-EVERRR since I have posted a blog! Eh, make that about 2 weeks.

Since my last blog, I spent New Year's Eve with a few of my BEST FRIENDS! It was awesome. I had thought I was going to hang out with Mitchell but I kinda prayed about it & asked the Lord if it wasn't right for me to go, that he would just never text me to tell me what we were doing...lo & behold, I never got a text & I never text him! Who knows about down the road, but I definitely felt like I was NOT supposed to be with him that night! So instead, we went to church & then met Brett, Bailey, Olivia & Garrett at Cracker Barrel in South Pittsburgh (where just a couple weeks later, Zac Brown from the Zac Brown Band would be! AHH!) we laughed sooo hard that night & talked about a little bit of everything. By the time we got done eating & got back to Brett's house it was almost 11 o'clock! So we started a quick game of Phase 10 with Brett's ANCIENT cards & played a few phases before the ball dropped. For the last minute of 2011, Garrett & Bailey LITERALLY sat there & screamed at each other as I recorded it (and accidentally deleted it later...oops) & then a couple minutes after our HAPPY NEW YEAR! yells we "danced" in 2012. haha. Funny stuff...I love my friends. (: We quickly headed home since we new Bro. Jimmy & Sis. Towana wanted to go to bed!

Sunday morning we went to our church where we had our 2nd regular service in our brand stinkin' new church! It still doesn't seem real since a lot of December services were cancelled due to holidays & deaths... ): Bro. James Carl from Pleasant Grove & Bro. James McLain came to be with us so that was nice... & we had a few more visitors which was really more than I expected with it being the first day of the New Year! It was a good service & our first "real" food (I'm talking the mac & cheese, chicken, green beans, potatoes, etc...) dinner in the church so we were super excited to be off the "soups & sandwiches" kick of December. The food was OF COURSE delicious (just about everyone says Brown's Chapel has the best food in Holiness land...& I may be a tad bit impartial, but I believe it!) & we had a blast on our "young adults" table messing around with the "old people" table... (the old people are Kris & Evan, Aunt Lisa & Uncle Jamie & Mom & Dad I think. lol) After church, Me & Blake went over to Lex's where they played the guitar & I pretended I knew how to play my strumstick (; It was a blast! And that night, after church we went over to Aunt Connie & Uncle Larry's & we played around some more, but this time me & Lex sang while Blake played! We had a blast screaming at the top of their lungs & we discovered that Lex & me actually harmonize very well together! I guess it's the best friend thing (: Since my room was actually decent & Lex hadn't spent the night in a long time, she came over that night! We sat up til FOREVER talking about EVERYTHING & it was great! I've really missed her!

Monday morning we got up, had some breakfast & watched How I Met Your Mother until Lex had to go home to get ready for our "New Years Dinner" at Aunt Francis & Uncle George's house. She ended up getting sick so she didn't come over but we had our dinner & played Just Dance with Erika until she had to leave. Then me & Blake played dominoes (actually a LOT of fun) with our Grandmother & Great Aunts! lol We ended up playing until like almost 10 that night. haha. We really get into it!

The next day I had to work so that's what I did, & then on Wednesday evening after working again, we left to meet Aunt Norma Jean at Cracker Barrel (I know, what's with me & Cracker Barrel!?) so I could go to stay in Atlanta with her & the cousins for a few days! We ended up in McDonough (about an hour past ATL) around midnight or so & I had a GREAT time all week. I met one of Dylan's friends, Mason & he was pretty awesome too. We played Phase 10, 3 kajillion times & watched ghost shows & I Am Number 4...it was like a week of lazy days. Friday night they took me to The Varsity for the very first time! It was an awesome experience! Saturday morning we finally convinced Uncle Jerry to go to the doctor about his leg (which was like solid black, blue & purple from a surgery a couple weeks earlier!) & he ended up having to have surgery! So Saturday evening Mom, Dad, Blake, Grandmother & Aunt Marie came down to help Aunt NJ out & to come pick me up...Sunday morning we went to the hospital & stayed there all day until we went to eat at the Varsity and that afternoon we went home;. We pulled in the driveway about 5:10!

Monday morning I talked to Kim (my boss woman!) about my new schedule for classes. By the end of it, I had to give up one of my days of keeping Ally. I couldn't quit cold turkey...I love that girl way too much! But now I can focus a little more on school since I have 2 classes at the school & one online.

So I worked Tuesday & Tuesday night went to my orientation for my first class...Medical Office Practice. Superrr easy stuff. And I love it! So if anyone knows of an office needing a medical assistant, please let me know! I need a good job!!! I was super excited when I got in class & realized that I had not 1, not 2 but THREE people I knew in there! (Much better than NO ONE which I had last semester!) Theresa (my friend Ariel's mom who is like a mom to me!, Kaitlin (who I graduated with!) and her cousin Lacey (whom I've just been acquainted with)...but I was so happy to see them!

Wednesday night we went to church & I talked to the people at Curves & ended my membership (it'll be official when I pay the out fee tomorrow)...I was sad but it costs WAY too much money when it's SO hard to get there through the winter! So I'm going to do my best working out here at home & maybe I'll do some good!

Thursday morning I got up & went to class for Pharmacology Orientation which I have with Miss Morgan Cain & I'm super stoked!!! I think it'll be a pretty easy class & I can't wait (:

Tomorrow I go to officially get out of Curves & tomorrow night I think we're going to hang out with Alicia, Courtney & a few others that I hope can make it out! I guess we'll see & maybe I'll blog about that soon! (:

Love, love you guys! (:



No comments:

Post a Comment